Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao is a flagship program by the Government of India that aims to provide security to the girls of the nation and encourage them to acquire education. Many states like Maharashtra, Haryana, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, etc. have launched their own schemes to benefit the daughters of their state. In 2019, the Gujarat government has also launched a scheme, Gujarat Vahali Dikri Yojana under the aegis of the Beti Bacho Beti Padhao campaign. The article below guides the readers to retain the knowledge of this state scheme and get its benefits for the girl-child.
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana 2023
Like the other state government schemes such as Haryana (Ladli Scheme), Karnataka (Bhagyashree Scheme), Rajasthan (Raj Shree Yojana), Maharashtra (Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme), Madhya Pradesh(Ladli Laxmi Yojana), and West Bengal (Kanya Prakalpa Scheme), State Government of Gujarat also announced Vahli Dikri Yojana. Under this scheme, the government will provide financial assistance to the girl child. Beneficiaries will get this assistance in three stages. For the successful implementation of the scheme in the state, the government has sanctioned 133 crore rupees in the state budget for this scheme.
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Objectives
- The main objective is to empower girls.
- This scheme will help in improving the girl childbirth ratio.
- This scheme will also promote girl education.
Overview of Vahli Dikri Yojana
|Scheme Name||Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana|
|Launched By||Ministry of Women and Child Development Department, Gujarat|
|Objective||To provide social and economic security to the girls of the state|
|Benefits||Financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh|
|Category||Gujarat Government Schemes|
|Official Website||Will be released soon|
Provided are the major objectives of the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana. Check below.
- Women Empowerment.
- Encourage girls to continue to acquire education.
- Reduction in the girls’ dropout rates from the schools.
- Improve the sex ration across the state.
Salient Features of Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
- This scheme is completely government-funded
- The government will give Rs. 110000/- to the beneficiaries
- Applicants can apply both the modes online and offline too
- Beneficiaries will get the financial assistance directly in their bank account through a bank transfer
Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana Selection Procedure
- Firstly the application forms for Vahli Dikri Yojana will be invited by the Gujarat State Government.
- Then the applications received will be verified by the concerned regional authorities.
- After this the list of beneficiaries will be prepared by the state government.
- Finally, the amount of financial assistance will be transferred by the state government to the bank account of the beneficiary.
To get the benefits under any government schemes, it would have been mandatory for the candidates to fulfill certain eligibility criteria related to that scheme. Similarly, in order to get benefits under the Vahli Dikri Yojana started by the Government of Gujarat, it will be mandatory for the candidates to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- To get the benefits under Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana 2023, the applicant girl should be a permanent resident of Gujarat state.
- The total annual family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs 2 lakh.
- Along with this, applicants should have their own bank account which will be mandatory to be linked with their Aadhaar.
- Under this scheme, only the first two girl children of a family will be benefited.
- Any category of girl will be eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Apart from this, no other special qualification has been prescribed for the applicants to get the benefits under this scheme.
- Domicile Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate (Upto 2 Lakh Rupee Annual)
- Parents Identity Proof
- Bank Account Passbook
Procedure to Apply For the Gujarat Vahli Dikri Yojana
Applicants need to fill online as well as an offline application form. Yet the government has not disclosed any defined procedure. Here are some common steps which applicants need to follow:
- First of all, visit the official website of the government
- Read all the scheme-related information carefully
- Collect all the necessary documents as required
- Click the download application form or online application form registration option
- Fill the application form with all the required details
- Upload / attach the necessary documents with the form
- Submit the application form at last.
|Official Website of the Vahli Dikri Yojana||Available soon|
|Vahli Dikri Yojana Application Form||Click here|
|Women and Child Development Department, Gujarat||Click here|