How to Add Your Home
How to Add Your Home, Shop, Office Address to Google Map: Google Map shows the satellite view of the place you want to search. An address is used to indicate the location of a place on a map. You can add physical addresses to make them searchable on the map. Maps brings you a satellite view using Google Earth data. You can add public places to the map, such as businesses or landmarks.
Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. There are over 220 countries and territories and millions of businesses and places mapped on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic and transit information and explore local neighborhoods knowing where to eat, drink and go wherever you are in the world.
Get there fast with real-time updates
• Beat the traffic with real-time ETA and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train or ride-share with real-time transit information
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents and road closures
Find places and explore like a local
• Find local restaurants, events and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new positions opening in areas that matter to you
• Determine more confidently how likely you are to like a location with “Your Match”
• Group planning made easy. Share shortlist of choices and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share them with friends
• Explore places recommended by local experts, Google and publishers
• Review the places you’ve visited. Add photos, missed routes and locations.
From measuring distance to giving directions, it helps users in various ways. If an address is set, all you need to do is save it for further use, so that it guides you to your home or workplace. This means you won’t need to manually type in your address to find your way.
Here’s how to mark your home address in Google Maps:
Launch the Google Maps app and make sure you’re signed in to your Google Account.
Type the word “home” in the search bar.
Select the word “home” from the drop-down menu that appears in Google’s search results.
You should then see a prompt from Google asking if you want to set your home location.
Then tap “Add”.
Enter your home address. When you’re done, that location will appear on the map.
To save your work location in Google Maps, repeat the above steps by typing “work” instead of “home” in the search bar.
Here’s how to mark your home address in Google Maps: Option 2
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Maps .
Tap Save Save location. Under “Your lists,” tap a label.
Choose Home or Work.