Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)-PMAY (U): Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission launched on 25th June 2015 which intends to provide housing for all in urban areas by year 2022.
The Mission provides Central Assistance to the implementing agencies through States/Union Territories (UTs) and Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) for providing houses to all eligible families/ beneficiaries against the validated demand for houses for about 1.12 cr. As per PMAY(U) guidelines, the size of a house for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) could be upto 30 sq. mt. carpet area, however States/UTs have the flexibility to enhance the size of houses in consultation and approval of the Ministry.
In continuation to this Government’s efforts towards empowerment of women from EWS and LIG unlike earlier schemes, PMAY (U) has made a mandatory provision for the female head of the family to be the owner or co-owner of the house under this Mission. Verticals of PMAY (Urban) A basket of options is adopted to ensure inclusion of a greater number of people depending on their income, finance and availability of land through following four options.
Check Your Name : Click Here
PMAY : Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) Benefits and Eligibility Criteria 2022/23
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) scheme was launched by the Government of India to boost the affordability of houses against an inflated real estate .
PM Awas Yojana Benefits:
Those who are eligible under this scheme will get subsidy on home loan interest rates. The details such as subsidy rate, maximum loan amount and other details have been given in the table below:
“Housing for All” Mission for urban area has been implemented with effect from 17.06.2015 to provide central assistance to implementing agencies. The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is being offered under this mission.
For Middle Income Group(MIG), the interest subsidy will be provided on housing loans for acquisition/construction of houses (including repurchase).
For Economically Weaker Section(EWS)/Lower Income Group(LIG), the interest subsidy will be provided on housing loans for acquisition, construction of house. The Credit Linked subsidy would also be available for home loan availed for new construction and addition of rooms, kitchen, toilet etc. to existing dwellings as incremental housing.
The interest subsidy benefit will be upfront on the principal outstanding.
The availability and amount of interest subsidy is subject to meeting income criteria as per various categories under the scheme.
- A beneficiary family will comprise of husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters.
- An adult earning member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household
Applicant/s will be eligible under this mission when all below conditions are met:
- The beneficiary family should not own a pucca house (an all-weather dwelling unit) either in his/her name or in the name of any member of his/her family in any part of India.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed of central assistance under any housing scheme from Government of India/State government.
- The beneficiary family should not have availed any PMAY – CLSS subsidy from any of the Primary Lending Institutions (‘PLI’).
- All Statutory Towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission.
- The construction/extension for which the loan is availed must be completed within 36 months from the date of the disbursement of the 1st instalment of the loan amount.
- Additional Criteria for LIG/EWS category only: The houses constructed/acquired with central assistance under the Mission should be in the name of the female head of the household or in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife, and only in cases when there is no adult female member in the family, the house can be in the name of male member of the household.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:
- Proof of identity:
- PAN card
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Photo credit card
- Photo identity card issued by the Government
- A letter issued by a recognized public authority that confirms the identity of the customer with a photograph
Proof of address:
A letter issued by recognized public authority confirming the identity and residence of the applicant
- Life insurance policy
- Residence address certificate
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of income:
- Last six months bank statement
- ITR receipts
- Salary slips for the previous two months
- Proof of purchase of the property (if applicable):
- Sale deed
- Sale/purchase agreement
- Property registration certificate (if available)
Copy of receipt of payment made to the developer (if applicable)One must make sure that he/she is eligible for the subsidy before application. Also, the applicant should check whether his/her name is present on the beneficiary’s list as well to receive the subsidy benefit.
The Method listed below Step by Step is the online Process:
- Visit the official government website belonging to PMAY.
- Click on the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option under the ‘Menu’ tab.
- An applicant must enter his/her Aadhaar number.
- With the successful submission of the Aadhaar number, he/she will be redirected to the application page.
- The applicant must proceed to enter all relevant details on this page, including income details, personal details, bank account details and other necessary information.
- Applicants should recheck all information before submission.
- Once a person clicks on the ‘save’ option, he/she will find a unique application number.
- Applicants should, next, download the filled-in application form.
- Finally, the person can deposit the form at his/her nearest CSC office or a financial institution offering PMAY. He/she must also submit all necessary documents along with the form.
Alternatively, individuals can opt for the offline application procedure and approach an authorised bank branch to apply for the scheme if they find the online process inconvenient.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Check Your status:Click Here
- Who is eligible for Pradhan Manti Awas Yojana?
- The following individuals and families are eligible for this scheme:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – Families with an annual income up to Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Low Income Group (LIG) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 3 Lakh and Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group I (MIG I) – Families within an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Middle Income Group II (MIG II) – Families with an annual income between Rs. 6 Lakh and Rs. 12 Lakh.
- Women belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class (OBC).
- In addition to the above, beneficiaries can avail the benefits of this scheme by meeting the following few eligibility criteria –
- He/she must not own a house to fulfil the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility.
Visit the PMAY-Gramin official website
Visit the PMAY-Gramin official website.