Recently announced by CBDT. PAN card has to be linked with Aadhaar card. Earlier the date was 31st March. The date of PAN card Aadhaar card linking has been extended, now it is mandatory for taxpayers of the country to link PAN card with Aadhaar card by 30 June 2023. If citizens do not link their PAN card with Aadhaar card, their PAN card will be deactivated.
The deadline for linking Aadhaar card with PAN card was earlier 31 March 2019 but the government has now extended it to 30 September 2019. In that case, if you do not link your PAN card with Aadhaar, your PAN card will be cancelled. Many of you must have linked PAN card with Aadhaar but now the question is how to know if your Aadhaar card is linked with PAN or not. Let us explain to you in 2 steps whether your PAN card is linked with Aadhaar or not.
To check PAN card link status with Aadhaar card
- First go to Google Search and type Income Tax Department there.
- Then go to the official website of Income Tax Department.
- Now click on the second number “Link Aadhaar Status” on the left side of the home page.
- Now a new page will open.
- In the new page enter PAN Number and Aadhaar Number and click on “View Link Aadhaar Status”.
- If your PAN card is linked then the message “Your PAN is already linked to given Aadhaar 54*23” will pop-up.
- If your PAN card is not linked, “PAN not Linked with Aadhaar. Please Click on Link Aadhaar Link to Link Your Aadhaar with PAN. A pop-up message will appear. FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions
Check PAN card link status with Aadhaar card via SMS
You can also know through SMS whether your PEN is linked with Aadhaar or not. Income Tax department has provided two number facility for linking Aadhaar and PEN. For that, an SMS has to be sent in a specific format.
UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar Number><10-digit PAN> In this text this 12-digit number is your Aadhaar number while the other is your PAN card number.
People whose PAN card has already been linked will receive this SMS – Aadhaar number XXXX PEN number XXXX is already linked in the Income Tax Department’s data base. Thank you for availing our services.
Link PAN card to Aadhaar card like this
Go to the official website https://www.incometax.gov.in
Register if you are a new user or click on the login button if you are already registered.
Login using PAN Card Number / Aadhaar Card Number / Other User ID.
From the given option, go to “Link Aadhaar”.
Enter PAN card number and Aadhaar card number.
Click on “Validate” button.
A verification box will open that you have made the payment with all the details in the challan number.
Click on “Continue” button.
Enter name and mobile number as per Aadhaar card.
A 6 digit OTP will be sent to the mobile number.
Enter the OTP number and click on “Validate” button.
Aadhaar Card Link Success box message will appear with PAN card.