Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Scheme 2023 : The objective of this scholarship is to encourage economically weaker students from rural areas of Gujarat to pursue higher education in science . The name of this scholarship is Vikram Sarabhai Incentive Yojana (Development Scholarship).
Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Scheme 2023
Vikram Sarabhai, who does not know this name in today’s world. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai was an Indian physicist and astronomer. Who started space exploration. You have made a significant contribution in helping to develop nuclear power in India. Vikram Sarabhai was awarded Padma Bhushan in 1966 and Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally recognized as the father of the Indian space programme. Vikram Sarabhai Foundation is doing great work in the field of science. Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Scheme has recently been launched by Vikram Sarabhai Foundation. What is this Vikram Sarabhai Incentive Scheme (Development Scholarship) and how to apply, for all this information you have to read this article till the end.
|Name of the post||Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Scheme|
|Beneficiary||Students studying in class 8th|
|Scholarships available||60,000 to 100000|
|main purpose||For the development of children|
|Last date of application||20th January 2023|
|Date of selection||22nd January 2023|
Vikram Sarabhai Incentive Scheme
The Physics Research Laboratory is committed to inculcate the scientific spirit and approach in students from school to active at the highest level of teaching and research. Along with economic hardships, students in remote rural areas face lack of guidance and many other problems. Keeping this problem in mind ten scholarships have been instituted in the memory of Shri Vikram Sarabhai. The objective of this scholarship is to encourage economically disadvantaged students from rural areas of Gujarat to pursue higher education in science and to provide assistance to the weaker sections. Another name of this scholarship is Vikas Scholarship.
Key Features of Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship
- The Vikram Sarabhai Incentive Yojana is only for students from low income families studying in schools in rural areas.
- A total of ten (10) scholarships will be awarded each year. Out of 10, at least 5 scholarships will benefit girls.
- Students studying in class 8 in rural areas of Gujarat whose total annual family income is less than 1.5 lakhs can apply.
|For students of class 8||– Scholarships up to 1,00,000 (one lakh rupees only) will be received over a period of four years.|
20,000/- in class-9, 20,000
/- in class-10, and 30,000/- in class-11 if the student continues in science stream after class-10.
And 30,000 scholarship amount will be available in class 12.
|For students of class-10||The scholarship will be awarded for two years, which will be Rs 30,000 during Class 11 and Rs 30,000 during Class 12.|
Vikram Sarabhai Scholarship Application Process
- The applicant has to register for the scholarship online by filling the form on the official website.
- After coming to the official website, click on “Student Registration”.
- Now you can ask “Is your school in a rural area?” A question will be asked.
- Then you have to fill your personal, school details, complete address etc.
- Finally, the photo of the student has to be uploaded, and the verification code has to be entered and clicked on the “Submit” button.
List of documents
The student has to upload some documents as part of this application. Which are as follows.
- Photo of the student
- Income proof
- A standard student certificate from the school
- Class-7 Marksheet Class-9 Marksheet in case of Class-10 students applying for scholarship
- If the student is selected for the scholarship then the following details are required to be provided.Bank Account Details (Account Number, IFSC Code). The account can belong to either parent.
- Aadhaar card of the account holder, if the bank account is in the name of parent or guardian.
|Eligibility Criteria||Click Here|
|Application Process||Click Here|
|For Development Scholarship Scheme Registration Link||Click Here|