The scheme of giving free residential plots to houseless families for building construction was being implemented sporadically in Gujarat. The scheme was revised five years ago on 1st May 2017, Gujarat’s foundation day.
In the reform resolution published by the Panchayat and Village Development Department to provide free house plots of maximum 100 square meters but not less than 50 square meters to the homeless families living in the villages, the Gram Sabha was asked to do wide publicity. Committees were formed under this scheme to dispose of applications for free homestead plots and avoid delays. Out of which the Land Committee was asked to dispose of the allotment applications at the beginning of every month.
Free Plot Plan 2023
Post Name : Free Plot Plan Form 2023
Beneficiary : Poor people in rural areas
Eligible State: Gujarat
Name of Sector : Gram Panchayat
Official Website : panchayat.gujarat.gov.in
Beneficiary of BPL will get benefit
The free plot scheme has been in operation for years to build a house for the agricultural laborers and artisans registered in the BPL list living in rural areas. So far more than 16 lakh beneficiaries have been allotted plots under this scheme. The state government has extended the benefits of this scheme to all poor people Some new amendments have been made in this scheme by passing a new resolution dated 01-05-2017 to get maximum.
List of documents required in the scheme
- Application Form
- Copy of ration card
- Copy of Election Card / Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Details of Name of SECC
- Example of agricultural land (details of non-land)
- Example showing details of plot / building
Who will benefit?
- Who doesn’t have a plot.
- Applicant should not own any kind of land. This will include your home.
- The applicant should be a rural artisan or labourer.
- Beneficiary should be an adult. That is, the applicant should not be a minor.
- Those who come from rural areas with socio-economic and caste-based census-2011 eligible family or state or center are eligible for government housing assistance.
- who must be adults.
- There should be no plot or house in the name of husband or wife anywhere in the state.
- who must have lived in the village for at least one year.
- In whose name should not be agricultural land or in joint name and father’s name and in the case of applicant in that land, it should not be more than half a hectare in case of irrigated land and in case of non-irrigated land it should not be more than one hectare.
- The benefit of this scheme is for the poor people and laborers who do not have the provision to stay, this scheme was done by the government in which people will be given 100 square meters plot free of charge.
View free plot resolution
- 100 choras var free plot plan details and resolution download
- 100 Sq.Var Free Plot Scheme by Panchayat Department: Implementation of New Policy 2022 to Revise Scheme for Providing 100 Sq.ft Residential Housing Plot or Homeless House in Rural Areas
- Schemes for housing in rural areas or providing 100 square free plots to rural laborers and rural artisans enrolled in BPL have not been implemented. 16-117,030 beneficiaries have been allotted free plots under this scheme.
- It may be mentioned that due to some provisions under the scheme, plot or house based needy beneficiaries cannot get benefit due to plot in rural area. Being a beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, due to not owning the plot or not being listed in the BPL, the plot could not be allotted and the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana could not be availed.
To take advantage of the free plot scheme, the beneficiary has to apply offline. To apply, get the form from the Gram Panchayat, fill all the required details accurately and attach all the requested documents and get signed by Talati Minister, after this form is approved according to the opinion of Talati and Sarpanch. or will be rejected.