Pan Card Update: People must know important thing about PAN Card. Actually, linking PAN card and Aadhaar card is very important. The last date for linking PAN card and Aadhaar card is approaching. All PAN card holders must link their PAN card with Aadhaar card to ensure that their PAN card remains active. However, many may doubt whether it is already attached. Thus, we advise you to first check whether your Aadhaar is linked with your PAN card or not.
The process to check if Aadhaar is linked with PAN is simple. If Aadhaar is not linked with PAN card, you will have to link it by 30 June 2023 by paying a penalty of Rs 1000. The government made it mandatory for taxpayers to link their Aadhaar with their Permanent Account Number (PAN) card on or before 30 June 2023.
PAN Card Aadhaar Card
If taxpayers do not link their Aadhaar with PAN card, PAN card will become inactive from 1 July 2023. If you want to link your Aadhaar card and PAN card then you can follow this process…
- Open Incometax e-filing portal- https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Register on Your PAN card will be your user ID.
- Log in by entering User ID, Password and Date of Birth.
- A pop up window will appear, asking you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If it does not appear, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details like date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on the screen with the details provided in your Aadhaar. If there is a mismatch, you need to fix it in any document.
- – If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on “Link Now” button.
- – A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked with your PAN.
- You can also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ or https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link PAN and Aadhaar.